Monday 18 August 2008

Purple Rain - Singing Dentist Banned From Covering Purple Rain

PRINCE has banned a dentist world Health Organization performs opera versions of modern songs from coating his hit Purple Rain.

Sony BMG offered NHS employee Andrew Bain a record deal after he sent them operatic version of the 1984 hit, reports the NME.

However, getting permit to use the song appears to have been like pull teeth, with PRINCE unconditionally refusing inclusion of the tune on Bain's album.

"Without Purple Rain I wouldn't be where I am today," aforesaid the tooth doctor after learning he would not be able to use the song.

"I struggled until I took a chance, interracial my operatic style with pop in Purple Rain, and realized my dreams."

Artists whose song Bain will be cover on the record let in ABBA, BRYAN ADAMS and DAVID BOWIE.

Elsewhere, Bowie recently collaborated with LOST IN TRANSLATION star Scarlett Johansson on her album of TOM WAITS covers.





More info